Monday, April 18, 2011

My First Ever Quilt!!

This quilt has been a long time coming... a good half a year at least =p Buutttt it is finally done, and I'm pretty happy with it. It didn't actually take that long to make, but it took that long to start and get back to. After cutting and calculating the amount of squares needed to cover the batting; the machine and hand sewing took about 2 weeks. I haven't quite figured out how to machine quilt yet, so this one was hand stitched to bind the "sandwich" together.


Since this is my first, I started off easy. It's a little lap quilt, finished 47in x 59in. I just chose to do basic patchwork squares for this one, but the next ones will definitely be lots more interesting =)


Mister Monkey seems to be enjoying it too =)

No comments:

Post a Comment